OK so maybe I spoke too soon. I’ll have to come up with other plans. We were at the hospital this morning, all three of us, and it took 2 1/2 hours. Even the most patient kids turn into ferals after 1 hour. By the end, I said “I’m sorry, we can’t wait any more for even a blood pressure. We’ll be back in a day. You’ll thank me for not hanging around.”
Then we all went on a picnic. Not the greatest idea in 37o heat, but it felt like summer holidays.
At any rate, Dr Sharma just called and although he would not have mentioned it unless I asked, Jesse’s creatinine had risen significantly today. It was 34 on Friday and 45 today. That’s worrisome. Or reason for me to ask you to pray for Jesse’s mankid. They don’t look at single readings, more trends, which is why Dr Sharma was not overly alarmed, but still, when the creatinine goes up, it could be a sign of rejection – his body fighting to oust this rather large intruder. My heart feels a little sick, because, surprise, surprise, I just feel like I don’t have the physical or emotional energy for too much drama, but I haven’t taken myself off to speak to the Lord about it yet either.
If you could pray for that kidney to remain healthy, we would be so grateful. Risk of rejection is greatest in the first 60-90 days, so we are not home-free ……. but since the day we got home, we sure are acting like it!